The Theme of Death in
A. Thesis statement: Toni Morrisons Sula
expresses death as part of life.
b. General observations about life versus death,
vitality and degrees of being alive
C. Are there many deaths in the novel?
D. What kinds of death are included physical,
E. A sentence indicating the organization to follow
1. Shadracks sanity destroyed by war experience
fighting for racist government
b. Eva kills him w/fire
3. Hannah w/words kills Sulas trust in
1. Eva loses leg; gets insurance money
2. Plum uses drugs
3. Tar Baby alcohol
4. Sula loses friends through promiscuity
5. Sula kills Eva by having her locked up
1. Chicken Little drowns
2. Hannah in yard fire
3. People of Bottom in tunnel demonstration
A. Restate thesis
B. Summarize how you have proven the thesis
C. Use Toni Morrison quote: "I can only teach
by taking away."